VP of R&D - Oncology
Pulsed Electric Field (PEF)
San Carlos, CA
Jon Waldstreicher, MD, founded Galvanize Therapeutics which has developed a Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) technology platform with four applications (immuno-oncology, atrial fibrillation, chronic bronchitis, and gene therapy) in varying stages from research to commercialization. To date, Apple Tree Partners has invested $94 million into our progress and we have recently raised our largest external financing and secured a strategic partnership that will combine the power of our device-based immunotherapy with robotics. Galvanize Therapeutics is hiring its Vice President of R&D for its oncology application. This position does not need experience in oncology.
- Article #1: First Commercial Case – Chronic bronchitis
- Article #2: First-Enrolled Patients – Atrial fibrillation
We have partnered with Jon Waldstreicher, CEO of Galvanize Therapeutics, to hire our Vice President of R&D – Oncology. This position will own the responsibility of leading and growing a team, concept to commercialization product development, and identifying new product applications. Additionally, this position will identify and manage vendors, lead board of directors R&D presentations, and have strategic influence for the company from an executive perspective.
With your relevant experience in medical device R&D, I am sharing this opportunity with you to review, network, and explore. What are the best contact details to reach you and schedule our call?
• Recruit, hire, and manage the Oncology R&D organization and Operations staff.
• Ensure cross-functional interaction with clinical affairs, regulatory affairs, sales & marketing, and the administrative organization.
• Develop research, product development and operational procedures and processes that are best-practice for a rapidly growing company.
• Responsible for the planning, scheduling, and budgeting related to oncology R&D activities.
• Ensure R&D efforts related to the development of new products and design modifications to existing products follow the company’s Design Control procedures.
• Partner with legal counsel in the development of the Company’s Intellectual Property and Patent Portfolio.
• Interface with customers for a ground-level view of user needs
• Ensure development and testing meet market and customer requirements.
• Provide content and review for US and OUS regulatory submissions.
• Participate in Management Reviews of the Quality System.
• Present to data and plans to the Board of Directors as needed.
• Contribute to the Company culture of being
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in engineering
Working knowledge of United States and European Union regulations and approval processes for Class II and III products. Proven leadership in medical device research and development under Quality Systems that comply with ISO13485, MDR, and FDA Quality System Regulations. Demonstrated experience setting a strategic vision and objectives for engineering teams. Proven ability to scale up the systems, processes and best practices associated with successful companies. Demonstrated ability to evaluate performance and motivate team members. Ability to use problem-solving skills on both a managerial and technical level using engineering, personnel, and technology expertise. Demonstrated business acumen, executive presence, and communication skills. Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Project.
Other: Domestic and international travel required. Ability to operate professionally and effectively in preclinical and clinical settings.
Galvanize Therapeutics is a hybrid medical device & biotechnology company focused on developing energy-based therapeutics for novel applications. In addition to airway disease and electrophysiology, a key area of focus is the treatment of solid tumors where Galvanize’s Pulsed Electric Field technology has proven to increase tumor neoantigens, stimulating an immunogenic response. With strong preclinical data supporting the immuno-oncology mechanisms and early clinical data demonstrating safety and measurable changes in the immune profile, Galvanize is on the verge of commercializing the technology in the United States and commencing large clinical trials across stages of disease and tumor types.
Founder & CEO
SVP, Sales & Marketing, Oncology
VP, CLINICAL AFFAIRS, ONCOLOGY
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
VP, BD & Commerical strategy, Cardiac
VP, R&D, Airway
SVP, Clinical Affairs
VP, Global Market Development, Airway
VP, R&D, Cardiac Arrhythmias
SVP, Regulatory & Quality Affairs
Bill Krimsky, MD
Chief Medical Officer
First Commercial Case – Chronic bronchitis
First-Enrolled Patients – Atrial fibrillation
VP of Oncology
Lifeblood Capital™ supports global MedTech Startups with Talent Acquisition and Fundraising Strategies. We build full-scale startup teams from Board and C-level executives to entry-level individual contributors and from early-stage R&D through multi-national commercialization phases.Approaching two decades of experience in the MedTech industry, our talent acquisition services and team-building efforts are the results of 2,000+ successful hires for 500+ companies in 6 continents. We have facilitated more than $220 million for MedTech startups with our fundraising strategies and global investor network.
People and money are the lifeblood capital of startups. Learn from our entrepreneurs and investors as we demystify raising and investing capital on our MedTech Money Podcast Series.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Co-Founder & Principal