Head of Business Development
Multiple Medical Devices
Truffle Capital is hiring a Head of Business Development for their portfolio companies after raising €250M for its BioMedTech Startup Fund with the purpose of creating a portfolio of MedTech startups from scratch and incubating them long enough to raise external capital or be positioned to exit. The time has come for several of these companies to leave the nest, which is creating the need for a Head of Business Development to open doors to MedTech Investors and Corporate Partners for the portfolio companies and execute on taking these companies to the next phase with external funds and/or exit strategies.
Truffle Capital founded Symetis (TAVI) that was acquired by Boston Scientific for $435M.
This is an opportunity for an MedTech industry operator to join a venture capital firm and still have a strong operational role with several technologies while getting exposure to being inside a venture firm. The position’s purpose is to understand MedTech products, science, reimbursement, and pricing utilizing their market access and market launch backgrounds to leverage their network of investors capable of investing at the Series A, B, and C rounds along with opening doors with the corporate strategics. This position may lead to becoming a CEO of one or multiple of the portfolio companies.
- Leading business development activities in the U.S. and internationally
- The ability to deliver with agility and autonomy with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Source and develop strategic partnership opportunities in the U.S. and internationally
- Lead investor outreach, sourcing, and fundraising for Truffle Capital portfolio companies
- Sourcing and licensing deals, leading the buy and sell side of M&A transactions, market development and market access activities, etc.
- Present to, and interact with, the Board of Directors and Executive teams with the ability to persuade leadership and external strategics on company strategies and roadmaps
- Open the rolodex to VCs and strategics across multiple disease states throughout MedTech to identify and negotiation potential partnerships and investment opportunities
- Utilize a deep knowledge of the healthcare and MedTech ecosystem, ideally well-versed in cardio and neuro-interventional technology field and other MedTech divisions aligning to the Truffle Capital portfolio
- Experience leading market launch and marketing access
- U.S. and international experience required
- Experience developing deals with strategics and/or VCs
- Experience saving or turning around difficult transactions
- History of successfully managing investor relations, positioning products, and leading market access, reimbursement, and product strategies
- Experience in MedTech Technical Developments, R&D, and go-to market strategies
- Strong connections with corporate strategics and MedTech Venture Funds in the U.S. and internationally
- Must be based in the U.S. (Central or Eastern Time Zone), Europe, or Israel with frequent travel required to France HQ along with business travel requirements
- A business leader with R&D and/or marketing/market access/commercial experiences
Founded in 2001, Truffle Capital is an independent, European venture capital firm focused on disruptive technologies in IT (FinTech and InsurTech) and Life Sciences (BioTech and MedTech). Truffle Capital aims to support the creation and growth of young innovative companies with the potential to become tomorrow’s market leaders. Chaired by Patrick Kron, alongside the company’s founders and CEOs, Philippe Pouletty and Bernard-Louis Roques, Truffle Capital raised over $1.1 billion and has supported over 75 companies since its creation, in the digital technologies and life sciences sectors. At the end of 2017, Truffle Capital successfully completed the first close of its two new institutional funds, Truffle Financial Innovation Fund and Truffle BioMedTech Fund, as well as the first close of a fund dedicated to the French Reserve Fund (« Fonds de Réserve pour les Retraites » or « FRF »). On December 2019, Truffle Capital successfully raises nearly €400 million for new Venture Capital funds: Truffle BioMedTech Fund and Truffle Financial Innovation Fund.
Co-Founder & CEO
Lifeblood Capital™ supports global MedTech Startups with Talent Acquisition and Fundraising Strategies. We build full-scale startup teams from Board and C-level executives to entry-level individual contributors and from early-stage R&D through multi-national commercialization phases.Approaching two decades of experience in the MedTech industry, our talent acquisition services and team-building efforts are the results of 2,000+ successful hires for 500+ companies in 6 continents. We have facilitated more than $220 million for MedTech startups with our fundraising strategies and global investor network.
People and money are the lifeblood capital of startups. Learn from our entrepreneurs and investors as we demystify raising and investing capital on our MedTech Money Podcast Series.