Sr. Product Manager
80 FT Employees
Volk Optical developed a Digital Solutions Division and more than 50 products for its mission of “Eradicating Preventable Blindness.” Our latest development is the VistaView™, which combines the power of AI, Optical Coherence Tomography, and smartphones to create a portable, handheld, retinal imaging system that is democratizing eyecare – Emerging Markets Commercial. Volk Optical was acquired and is part of the company portfolio of Halma, a publicly traded organization on the London stock exchange with >$1.75 billion in 2021 revenue. Volk is investing in and expanding its Digital Solutions Division – starting with hiring our Lead Product Manager.
- Technology Video: Click here
- Technology Article: Click here
- CEO Interview: Click here
- 2022 Award Video: Click here
We have partnered with Ibrahim Seven, Head of Marketing and Product Management for Volk, to hire our Lead Digital Solutions Product Manager. This position will be responsible for upstream and downstream digital marketing activities including direct-to-consumer strategies, downstream business development, and upstream product launches and road maps.
- Be a customer advocate and champion. Ensure every customer receives high-quality service and support as rapidly as possible.
- Deeply understand customer needs and problems, develop solutions for new existing product features/improvements.
- Lead global product team, won’t he portfolio roadmap, and deliver the required features against user and business requirements working with technical product managers, UI/US designer, and product development engineers.
- Closely monitor and improve product performance and quality metrics by staying close to the customer and learning from collective customer feedback.
- Create and execute product marketing roadmap, plan, and build tradeshow booth layout and demos, and organize key activities within tradeshows (KOL presentations, new product introductions, etc.)
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies and business models to introduce new products to the market.
- Build a strong network of KOLs and influencers in the region and conduct educational seminars and webinars in partnership with KOLs and influencers.
- Source, manage, and close business development/B@B deals (device, pharma, retail) that are consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth and long-term partnership.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience leading upstream and downstream product management activities
- Experience bringing new products to market while also managing existing product lifecycles
- Strong business acumen – financial awareness, strategic thinking, business planning, and forecasting
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder – KOLs, key partnerships, external agencies, etc.
- Experience in managing software solutions/technology platforms is an advantage
- Ability to translate and articulate complicated business problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirements.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, Design, Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales
- Willing and able to either relocate to or travel to HQ in Mentor, Ohio as needed.
Top 5 questions we have for you to give a flavor of what our digital solutions team needs:
- Did you launch a digital product (software or hardware) preferably AI software product, from inception to launch to post market? Can you uncover unmet needs and stay close to the customer? How can you start with the customer and go backwards to technology?
- Did you manage a product and a portfolio and grew the revenue of product or portfolio YOY?
- Did you plan a Go-To-Market strategy: where to play, how to position, main differentiators from competition, pricing, revenue forecast, downstream marketing plan?
- Do you have experience with working with global sales team and challenging the sales team to focus on the right customer, pipeline reviews, and objection handling?
- Do you have experience in working with legal on compliance and cyber security; and contract negotiations with vendors/partners.? (Nice to have)
Volk Optical is the leading brand manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses, diagnostic imaging, and surgical products for the ophthalmic industry. We are steadfastly dedicated to eradicating preventable blindness through accessible imaging of the eye. We are honored to serve the global community reaching more than 100 countries and supporting eye health worldwide. Volk is part of the global health and safety sensor technology group, Halma PLC.
Founded over 40 years ago, Volk continues to integrate quality and artisanal craftmanship with modern technology to bring the world’s leading ophthalmic lenses in the hands of the very doctors, scientists, and researchers who are putting our mission to work: eradicating preventable blindness!
Ibrahim Seven, Ph. D
DIR. MARKETING & PRODUCT
Handheld Retinal Camera Allows On-the-Go Imaging
Video: Eradicating Preventable Blindness
Sr. Product Manager
Lifeblood Capital™ supports global MedTech Startups with Talent Acquisition and Fundraising Strategies. We build full-scale startup teams from Board and C-level executives to entry-level individual contributors and from early-stage R&D through multi-national commercialization phases.Approaching two decades of experience in the MedTech industry, our talent acquisition services and team-building efforts are the results of 2,000+ successful hires for 500+ companies in 6 continents. We have facilitated more than $220 million for MedTech startups with our fundraising strategies and global investor network.
People and money are the lifeblood capital of startups. Learn from our entrepreneurs and investors as we demystify raising and investing capital on our MedTech Money Podcast Series.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Co-Founder & Principal