Chief Commercial Officer
(In person or remote with travel 25%-50% to HQ)
Precisis GmbH is a neurostimulation startup that developed EASEE to be the first line of treatment for pharmacoresistant epilepsy patients. Precisis recently raised €20M after forming a partnership with Cochlear Ltd., received CE Mark under MDR regulations, and EASEE has secured FDA Breakthrough Device Designation.
Precisis is growing commercially in Europe while pursuing its U.S. Pivotal Study with plans for expanding into additional indications. This is why we are hiring a Chief Commercial Officer who will drive commercial scale-up activities.
We have partnered with Angela Liedler, Founder & CEO of Precisis, to hire our Chief Commercial Officer. This position will be responsible for shifting the Precisis story from medical to economic while developing global advertisement and marketing campaigns. Additionally, our Chief Commercial Officer will identify and measure commercial milestones while driving the growth of the organization.
- Design, develop, and implement global commercial strategies
- Lead global marketing, market access, business analytics, and market research to drive established business plans
- Drives results with executive leaders and strategic partners
- Manages relationships with vendors, KOLs, clinical and industry partners, and investors
- Implements commercial strategies, budgets, milestones, and timelines with accurate forecasting
- Directs expansion into new market territories collaborating with functional leaders to fulfill company growth targets
- Lead competitor and market analysis to identify competitive strategies and market feedback
- Drive patient enrollment while leading commercial sales teams across multiple countries
- Collaborate with and manage OEM partners
- Develop commercial story to pivot away from a medical story to support commercial growth
- Run global advertisement campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field (MBA preferred)
- Experience driving commercial scale-up for Class III implantable medical devices required (some pharmaceutical experience is a plus)
- Economical mindset with a history of leading medical device advertising campaigns across multiple countries
- Experience building commercial sales teams and establishing industry partnerships
- Familiar managing distributors and OEM partners
- Expert in market access and business development for medical devices
- Ability to lead an startup through rapid growth in a high-pressure environment as a strategic and operational leader
- Must be willing to relocate or travel to Heidelberg’s headquarters, international conferences, trade shows, investor meetings, and to meet with industry partners as needed
Precisis develops bioelectronic methods to direct therapeutic currents at defined target areas of the brain. AI-based learning models make it possible to activate or inhibit specific brain cells, depending on the condition to be treated. The unique achievement of the Precisis team has been to miniaturise bioelectric pacemakers for the brain and thereby make them so easily tolerable that patients will accept them as an integral part of their body. Not visible externally, the thin electrodes lend consistent support to the patient as though they were a natural means of protection against transmission malfunction in the brain. Precisis’ greatest success to date is EASEE® in the treatment of epilepsies. EASEE® is used to suppress epileptic seizures. With a minimally-invasive procedure, the thin electrode pad just gets slipped underneath the skin, onto the skull. It has received CE-mark for the treatment of focal epilepsies in September 2022 after two clinical trials showed tremendous efficacy and safety results.
Chief Technology Officer
Lifeblood Capital™ supports global MedTech Startups with Talent Acquisition and Fundraising Strategies. We build full-scale startup teams from Board and C-level executives to entry-level individual contributors and from early-stage R&D through multi-national commercialization phases.Approaching two decades of experience in the MedTech industry, our talent acquisition services and team-building efforts are the results of 2,000+ successful hires for 500+ companies in 6 continents. We have facilitated more than $220 million for MedTech startups with our fundraising strategies and global investor network.
People and money are the lifeblood capital of startups. Learn from our entrepreneurs and investors as we demystify raising and investing capital on our MedTech Money Podcast Series.